June 30, 2012

I Never Met a Cookie I Didn't Like!

Many moons ago, I started my culinary career as a pastry chef.  Baking and decorating cakes and cookies has always been my passion - it still is!  I love piping out elaborate swirls and designs with beautifully colored icings, adding touches of "embellishments" as you would when creating a card.  So the challenge this week at Our Creative Corner is especially tantalizing for me!

Your hostess, Kristin Tierney of LilyBeth Boutique, has asked us to make a creation based on these delish looking treats - the catch?  You MUST use something you would use in baking in your creations.  Get creative - use food coloring, paper liners, or sprinkles.  Know any cool techniques with egg whites, flour or sugar?  You need to explain your 'ingredient' in your description of your creation.  Here is Kristin's photo inspiration.
Bakin' Beauties
 Here is my design team card for some inspiration.
 I decided to make a tag this time.  I crumbled and uncrumbled the tag.  Using Shaded Lilac Distress Ink, I swiped it over the tag and then ironed it out.  That gives you a shiny, leathery look.  I wanted to create the look of a decorated cookie so I used a floral Memory Box die and white cardstock and placed that on top of the tag.

The Tim Holtz dress form die has been in an unopened box just waiting for its debut.  On white cardstock, I distressed the edge of the form with the Shaded Lilac ink and then painted the whole thing with Ranger Rock Candy distress crackle.  I LOVE that stuff!  It reminds me of a sugar cookie!

The skirt on the dress form is a cupcake wrapper from Fancy Flours.  I swiped Hero Arts Green Hills Mid-Tone Shadow ink over it and cut it to fit the form. I finished her off with a gingham sash and pretty pink rose.  I popped her up with foam dots.

The dress form die came with a spool shape.  I thought that would be perfect for the Hero Arts sentiment.  I used the same treatment on the spool as I did the form, then put a stick pin through it that I colored with a Copic to match the rose on the skirt.
The finishing touches were the piece of grosgrain through the top of the tag, the doily lace edge border on the bottom, and a final spray of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist all over the tag for a "frosty" look - like a yummy cookie!

Please drop by Our Creative Corner and join in on our challenge.  Also, check out the awesome projects from the rest of the design team - they are amazing!

  Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Vicki Burdick- It's a Stamp Thing
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Ann Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
 Anita Houston - The Artful Maven
Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts (you are here!)

Holly Kean- Kean On Paper

Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) - Love, Life and Crafts

Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts

Tui Nathan- Stampin Time

Lori Rider- The Diva Stamper

Kristin Tierney- Lilly Beth Boutique

Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon

Thanks for visiting  my blog.  I'd love to hear your comments!

Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips