June 09, 2012

She's Into the Alcohol Again!

Alcohol inks, that is - my favorite technique from Tim Holtz.  I actually took my first class with him where I learned how to use this beautiful medium.

This week at Our Creative Corner, Linda Coughlin of The Funkie Junkie is our hostess with a really cool challenge.  She asks that we create a card or project using our favorite Tim Holtz technique.  A pioneer in the crafting community, his products are carried in stores worldwide. 
 
Here is my design team card for some inspiration.
I used gold and pearl metallic mixative alcohol inks on glossy paper.  I wanted a very subtle bg effect so I could emboss over it with the beautiful Hero Arts Flower Medley stamp.  I used Ranger Gold Ultrafine embossing powder.  I think it looks like capiz shell.
Please drop by Our Creative Corner and join in on our challenge.  Also, check out the awesome projects and their Tim Holtz techniques from the rest of the design team - they are amazing!

  Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Vicki Burdick- It's a Stamp Thing
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Ann Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
 Anita Houston - The Artful Maven
Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts (you are here!)
Holly Kean- Kean On Paper
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) - Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts
Tui Nathan- Stampin Time
Lori Rider- The Diva Stamper
Kristin Tierney- Lilly Beth Boutique
Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon


SUPPLIES:
Stamps - Hero Arts CG432 Flower Medley 
Papers - Hero Arts, Bazzill, Ellen Hutson chipboard
Inks - Ranger Metallic Mixatives Gold and Pearl, Versamark
Other - Spellbinders, MME rubon, Ranger Ultrafine Gold Embossing Powder, Hero Arts pearls, Copic, May Arts rose ribbon, seam binding, vintage button

Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips