July 07, 2012

Party On!

Growing up, my mom always threw the best parties!  I remember how she carefully planned each one with all the little details.  And my birthday parties always had a theme.  My favorite was when I turned 13 - we had a fun luau and danced all night to the Beatles on the record player!  Yup, I just dated myself!

Now, at Our Creative Corner this week, I'm especially excited about our challenge theme.  Sharon Wheet, from Designs by Sharon, is this week's hostess.  She says, "At this time of year, we find ourselves sharing more of our time with family and friends, hosting and attending parties.   All kinds of parties!  From afternoon BBQ's to elegant wedding receptions.  And it is this celebrating that has shaped this week's challenge, entitled, "PARTY".  We challenge you to make a paper craft item for a party!  Any kind of party: birthday celebrations, an afternoon BBQ, a summer evening soiree, a beautiful wedding ceremony, or an elegant dinner.  Just make your paper craft item related to your party: an invitation, a party favor, some decorations, a hostess 'thank you' gift/card, etc."

Here is my design team project for some inspiration!  I've made a favor for a baby shower!
I can honestly say, I put this little favor box together with bits and pieces from my stash.  The template for the box was hand cut with a scrap of paper I have NO idea who made it.  The template is from an old magazine I can't remember. Lots of RAK used too.  The lace and ribbon are from my Aussie friend Paula, and the butterfly is from Linda of The Funkie Junkie.
I LOVE rosettes and use them often!  This little lovely came from the Silhouette Studio.  I topped it with a Webster's Pages Bloomer.  So girly!  The butterfly was swiped with Hero Arts Soft Pink shadow ink then brushed with some Tattered Angels Bubblegum Glimmer Glam.  I finished it off with a vintage button and twine.  I used the same shadow ink on the sentiment.
 

Please drop by Our Creative Corner and join in on our challenge.  Also, check out the awesome projects from the rest of the design team - they are amazing!

  Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Vicki Burdick- It's a Stamp Thing
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Ann Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
 Anita Houston - The Artful Maven
Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts (you are here!)

Holly Kean- Kean On Paper

Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) - Love, Life and Crafts

Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts

Tui Nathan- Stampin Time

Lori Rider- The Diva Stamper

Kristin Tierney- Lilly Beth Boutique

Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon

Thanks for visiting  my blog.  I'd love to hear your comments!
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips