November 05, 2013

Christmas Joy Tag for Ribbon Carousel Challenge RCC87

I know it's been months since I've blogged, but it's been a rough go for a while.  But don't think for a minute I haven't been ordering new Christmas goodies in the meantime!


So, today I went into my studio after seeing a new-to-me challenge blog to finish up a tag I started about a month ago and had SO much fun!  I can't believe how much holiday stuff I have - OH EM GEE!!  Seriously, there should be a reality show called, "Stamping Hoarders!"  (I can hear you all agreeing with me ladies!)

The Ribbon Carousel Blog is having a cool Holidays and Celebrations challenge that I thought my tag would be perfect for!  I hope to enter many more of  their challenges because, as many of you know, I'm a ribbonaholic!

Anyway, I'm a little rusty at taking photos, and tags ALWAYS are a challenge for me, but I took some close-ups so you can see the detail.
I used a standard Tim Holtz tag and covered it in this pretty pp.  I wanted a vintagey, retro look, so I distressed the edges with Black Soot distress ink.  I punched a hole in the top where the reinforcement is and added some chevron ribbon.  On the bottom, I found some cute pom poms and then tied twine around it.
The tree was stamped with Picket Fence distress paint on black cardstock with the Hero Arts Chalk Background and then cut out with this awesome die. To give it a sparkle, I used Stickles on the branches.  I popped it off the paper with 3-D foam strips.
I took a new sentiment die from Papertrey Ink (SWOON!) and cut out some coordinating pp.  I painted it with Rock Candy Stickles and then sprinkled with Rock Candy glitter.  I attached it to the tree.  When everything was dry, I sprayed the whole piece with Glimmer Mist for a retro shine!

Now I have a wonderful mess to clean up and I couldn't be happier!  My fingers are inky sticky and I'm already thinking of my next project!

Thanks so much for looking and as always, I'd love to hear your comments!



Supplies
Paper - Crate Paper Sleigh Ride (pp), Papertrey Ink black cardstock, Tim Holtz manilla tag
Stamps - Hero Arts Chalk Background CG623
Dies - La La Land Christmas Tree, Papertrey Ink One Liners Die Collection
Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Black Soot, Distress Stain Picket Fence
Other - Crate Paper pom poms, The Twinery charcoal, May Arts chevron ribbon, Frosted Lace and Rock Candy Stickles, Rock Candy glitter, Glossy Accents, Glimmer Mist Dazzling Diamonds, 3-D foam strips

Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips