January 08, 2012

Love Me Some Stamping!

I've officially moved into my studio!  Well, at least it looks like it - there are four empty water bottles, a "used" plate and fork, fuzzy slippers and the dog beds.  I've been whippin' cards out all week!  It seems like the mailman has made friends with my furbabies, finally, because he delivers my new stamps almost daily.

It's been a while since I've been able to make some "general" everyday cards for myself and it feels wonderful.  I'm so over the holidays!  Maybe because we still have no snow here, in Massachusetts and I am lulled into a false sense of Spring coming.... but I'm gravitating toward clean, fresh colors.  Oh, don't worry - the shabby, vintage me is screaming to come out too!

Using my new Sizzix Big Shot Pro that Santa brought me, I cut out the white chipboard with a Spellbinder (it cut like buttah!) and glued it to larger cut of black cardstock.  The white paper lace is from The Funkie Junkie Etsy Shop (be sure to check it out, Linda has AMAZING products!) I've used it several times and is a dream to work with.  I love the way it looks, don't you?  The black cotton lace is from my vintage stash.

This card will be entered into the Lily Pad Cards Simon Says Sponsored Chipboard Challenge and CAS-ual Fridays Chip Off the Ol' Block Challenge #34.
It's amazing what a new year can do for the soul.  We just took our tree down and it's all bright in the living room again.  I feel like my mojo had gone on vacation, but quickly returned when my new stamps started arriving!  I have some fun things planned, so stay tuned!

Happy New Year everyone!
Hugs,
Marcy

Thanks for looking!

SUPPLIES:
Paper: PPI black cardstock, Paper Accents white chipboard, MME Lost and Found Breeze
Stamps: Hero Arts K5540 Spring Dream, CL574 Say It All
Die: Spellbinders Labels Twenty Three
Inks and Markers: Versafine Black Onyx Ink, Copic black marker
Other: White Paper Lace from The Funkie Junkie, black cotton lace from my stash, Sizzix Big Shot Pro

Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips