January 22, 2012

A HUGE Thank You and Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #148 "Seeing SPOTS"

It's been a tough week for me.  I was informed that a dear person I send cards to, passed away.  I've been very sad, but with the help of friends, I was lifted up by lots of  hugs.  Thank you all so very much!  I passed on all of your prayers too.

On to the challenge for this week at Stamptacular.  Create a card with spots/polka dots on it! They can be anywhere - as few or as many as you wish, as long as we can see them when you’re finished! Oh, and please don’t forget to stamp.  We are STAMPtacular after all!

Here is my design team card for some inspiration.
This card looks so much better in person.  I didn't want to use polka dot paper because I wanted to challenge myself to think outside the box - I'm just that kind of crazy!  I was inspired by a challenge on another blog where they are to use just black and white.  Thinking I might enter this challenge, I set straight to work collecting my materials. 

So, I started with an image I pinned on my Pinterest boards from The Graphic Fairy.  You can see it was originally in color.  To change that, I printed it out in black and white.  LOVED it!!  I also just received some awesome new embossing folders from a not-so-local LSS, that blew me away.  THIS one called to me.  (Actually another one did first, but I just wasn't happy with it for this card.  That will show up in another card!)

Now, at this point in the process, I had a few ideas rambling around in my head about the dots - one of which was going all white on the background and putting buttons on the black ribbon.  I dove into my button stash (see HERE) to find some favorites and came across the black antique glass belt buckle.  Sliding it onto the velvet ribbon, I knew this was the one. 
Some gingham paper and a RAK butterfly came next.  But now where were my dots?  I remembered seeing some craft idea using a quilted looking technique and buying the embossing folder for that idea! So I punched out black cardstock and adhered them all to the centers of the embossed quilt design with Glossy Accents.  I also used the GA on top of the dots too.  I decided to stop.  And at this point, I knew this card would NOT fit the CAS challenge that I originally wanted to enter this card into, LOL!!  A happy accident, I would say!

Now don't forget to check out the cards from the other Design Team ladies. They are AMAZING!

Our sponsor for our challenge this week is:  
PRIZE:
SUPPLIES:
Paper: black and white cardstock - PPI, gingham paper - Memory Box
Stamps and Digis: image by The Graphics Fairy
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Circle Large, 5th Avenue Glam - Diamond Shadows Embossing Folder
Tools: Sizzix Big Shot Pro
Other: Vintage belt buckle and black velvet ribbon - my stash, Glossy Accents, butterfly - RAK

I mentioned in a previous post that I had some exciting things coming to my blog - I thought I'd give you an idea of what to look forward to!  All next month I will be celebrating my BLOGoversary with some fun things.  Then in April, I have a milestone birthday - my 60th, and I've got an amazing GIVEAWAY that I'll be putting together especially for you with some of my favorite things.  Stay tuned!!


Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips