December 08, 2012

This is My Song

There are a few things I like to call my "favorites" when it comes to what inspires me.  An odd little list, but mine just the same.  Music, birds, the colors pink and yellow, an elegant touch of black, ribbons, flowers, and vintage finds.  Remember the Sound of Music and These Are a Few of My Favorite Things?

Such is the card I made this week for our challenge at Our Creative Corner, using a few things from my list. Our hostess, Liliana Inguanti of Stitching and Fabrics asks us to create a project using fabrics and some stitching. You can use the fabrics in any part of your card, either as a flower, a small embellishment, or whatever you want. The stitching can be either faux stitching or machine stitching. Please specify where you used your fabric if it is not noticeable in the project.

Here is my design team card for some inspiration.  I decided to take a well-needed break from Christmas cardmaking!
   
I found this image on Pinterest and printed it out on sticky back canvas - that is my fabric piece.  In real life, there are faint areas of music.  I painted the leaves of the image with Glossy Accents and brightened up the sweet finch a bit with yellow Copics. I took a piece of silk ribbon, attached a pale pink flower to it and then attached the image to a piece of pink cardstock.  I stitched that to a black card.  
Please drop by Our Creative Corner and join in on our challenge.  I hope you'll have fun playing along!  Also, check out the awesome projects from the FAB design team - they are amazing!  

  Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
  Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts (you are here!)
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) - Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts
Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon
Cristina Barnes - Dot Dot Stamping Design
Liliana Inguanti - Stampin' From Home
 Paula McClane - Scrap Addicts Attic
 Lisa Minckler - You Made Me Ink!
 Kim Price - Inkognito


SUPPLIES:

Paper - Bazzill
Inks and Markers - Copics Y11 and Y02
Other - Vintage image found on Pinterest, Glossy Accents, May Arts silk ribbon, Prima flower


Thanks for visiting my blog.  I'd love to hear your comments!

Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips