March 20, 2013

Smile

This week, I'm playing along for the first time at Muse Challenge Blog.  Their challenge #9 is created by the extremely talented designer, Marion Vagg, in a gorgeous play on color, stripes, and design.  I would LOVE it if you could stop by their BLOG and vote for my card!  Voting starts at 12 noon EST on Saturday 3/23 and ends 12 noon EST on Sunday 3/24.  I'd really appreciate it!
 These aren't colors that I use often, so I had to dig through my inks and then remembered my Hero Arts shadow inks.  LOVE them!  For the stripe element, I used the new Papertrey Ink set Watercolor Wonder, a very abstract set of "smears" that look handmade.  SO cool.

I experimented with a variety of stamps for the design and remembered my cherished  Hero Arts stamp Fabulous Flourish.  I embossed it in white, keeping the card in landscape, so I could fit the entire stamp on top of the stripes. 

For the sentiment, I chose Hero Arts Made With Love stamp and masked off SMILE, from You Make Me Smile - one of my faves!  I embossed it too, in white.  To finish it off, I added some pearls for a little bling!
I'm also entering this in the Hero Arts Blog monthly challenge.

As always, I enjoy reading your comments.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Paper - Hero Arts Layering Papers - Snow, Pool Mixed
Stamps - Hero Arts Fabulous Flourish, Papertrey Ink Watercolor Wonder
Ink - Hero Arts Soft Pool, Pool Mid-Tone, Cornflower Mid-Tone, Memento Blue Danube, VersaMark
Other - Hero Arts White Embossing Powder, Pool Mixed Accents




Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips