April 30, 2012

Getting Inky With Ya!

It's a gloomy day here in New England, but I'm walking on sunshine!  I gathered up my inks and markers, some new Hero Arts stamps, and went to town getting inky today.  Those who know me, know I am "ink phobic."  Today, I conquered my fear and, I feel successfully so!  OK, I'm a little partial....

I've decided to take one stamp and use it three ways.  Or, as they say in the culinary world, a trio. This is the first card using that stamp from the Hero Arts via Basic Grey's PB&J Collection - Flower Table Cloth.  I'm smitten!
I swiped some Tim Holtz Picket Fence Distress stain over the stamp and pressed it onto a piece of espresso cardstock. I held it there for a while for the paper to absorb the moisture.  I then used a shot of the heat gun to give it a quick dry.  As it warmed up, a ghostly image appeared that I was quite happy with.  I let it dry overnight and then used an iron over the back to give it a final set and smooth it out.
The next step was the flower.  This Hero Arts stamp, Three Dotted Flowers, is an older one I recently bought.  I wanted it to be light and milky, to coordinate with the background, so I used vellum and embossed it in a blush color.  I finished it off with a leaf branch from my friend, Lin, and a single pearl.

The sentiment is another Hero Arts stamp from the set, Live Life.  I embossed it in the same blush color. I finished off the card by adhering the espresso cardstock to a blush pink folded card.

Also, tonight I'll be drawing the name of the winner for my month-long giveaway!  I'll be posting it here tomorrow.

I'll be back with part two of my stamp - three ways!

SUPPLIES
Paper - Bazzill cardstock, Hero Arts vellum
Stamps - Hero Arts Flower Table Cloth CG431, Three Dotted Flowers CG291, Live Life CL493
Other - Tim Holtz Picket Fence Distress stain, Zing Embossing Powder, VersaMark Watermark, Hero Arts Pearls, RAK die-cut leaf branch
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips