March 09, 2012

Garden Variety Pink

Spring cannot come early enough for me!  March is when I start planning my gardens, ordering from seed catalogs, and pulling out the season's cardmaking goodies.  Such was the inspiration for my card for this week's challenge at Our Creative Corner.
Hosted once again by Holly Keen of Kean on Paper, she has chosen a "Tic Tac Toe Challenge."  Play along with us in a game of papercrafting tic-tac-toe. Choose "three in a row" on the Tic-Tac-Toe board and make sure you work those elements into your papercraft project.  There are all kinds of possibilities, but please be sure to indicate what 3 elements you have chosen.


Here is my design team card for inspiration.  I chose brads, pink, and flowers.
A few things appeared on my doorstep from my mailman this week and I couldn't wait to tear open the packages!  One was a mat stack from Anna Griffin called Carmen.  Oh, be still my heart!  Another was the wildly famous Garden Variety stamp and die sets from Papertrey Ink.  I agonized between yellow or pink for the challenge, but pink won out!  Why?  Because I pulled out my gorgeous stash of images from Crafty Secret's Heartwarming Vintage Collection and found this geranium.
One of the details I used was a pair of garden gloves, die cut from sticky back canvas and stamped with pigment ink.  I have a pair of gloves just like these!  I love how they came out.
I also made my own ribbon with dyed seam binding using TH Distress Inks, Shabby Shutters and Pine Needles.  When dried, I tied it onto a TH tag with twine and secured with a pink pearl brad.  The tag was stamped with Hero Arts Envelope Background stamp using their Shadow Ink in Soft Pink.
Please drop by Our Creative Corner and join in on our challenge.  Also, check out the awesome inspiration from the rest of the design team - they are amazing!

  Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Vicki Burdick- It's a Stamp Thing
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Ann Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts (you are here!)
Holly Kean- Kean On Paper
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) - Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts
Tui Nathan- Stampin Time
Lori Rider- The Diva Stamper
Kristin Tierney- Lilly Beth Boutique
Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon
Well, off to peruse my seed catalogs.  And another reminder that I'll be celebrating my 60th birthday during the month of April with a FABULOUS giveaway!!  Linda Coughlin from The Funkie Junkie and I are cooking up something special!  So stay tuned........
Have a great weekend, my crafty friends.
Hugs,
Marcy
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips