November 08, 2013

Day Four in the Studio and Muse Challenge #42

Yes, I am back and I didn't wake up in a purple mood!  Instead, I wanted to challenge myself with one thing I've NEVER tried and another I agonize over.  The first is washi tape - that's right friends, this gal has never used a single piece on ANYTHING!  The next is my nemesis, my dreaded fear - a CAS card!  I get chills thinking about it!  But as a wise person once said, "Put your big girl panties on and kick some butt!" 

So, I set out to get some inspiration from a challenge I have yet to enter, (another first) over at the Muse Blog, Challenge #42.  The muse this week is Laurie Willison and her CAS style won me over!
Just a note about my holly leaves..... I made them myself.  I took pine green textured cardstock and with a foam brush, painted it with a thick layer of Glossy Accents.  I let the paper dry overnight.  Then I hand cut each leaf out free-handed and scored a "vein" down the middle.  I love the effect!

Here is the Muse inspiration photo from uber talented Laurie.  
As always, thanks for looking and I'd love to hear your comments.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies
Paper - Hero Arts snow layering paper, Bazzill textured cardstock
Stamps - Hero Arts Holiday Sayings CL343
Inks - Versamark Watermark Inkpad
Other - Queen & Co washi tape, Darice sequins, Michael's silver wired twine, MM button, Ranger Ultrafine silver embossing powder

Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips