May 04, 2013

Here Comes The Sun!


Good afternoon!  Today, I am hosting the Hero Arts Flickr Group 90 Minute Scramble challenge.  The theme is "Here Comes the Sun."  This for all of you who could use a good dose of sunshine!

In our crazy world, we are experiencing a weather phenomenon that is bringing record-breaking snow to the South and 80 plus degrees to the North.  It’s like the Earth has flipped, LOL!

So I’m asking you to create a project that uses one or more of these elements:
The word SUNSHINE
An image (die, cut file, or stamp) of the SUN
An ALL YELLOW monochromatic project that conveys the feeling of a SUNNY day

Here are my cards I made for the challenge.
 My first project is a tag from one of the new Hero Arts stamp sets, Tag Collage.  I stamped it in Pale Tomato mid-tone shadow ink and then dry embossed it with a bird and vine folder.  The flower is one of my very favorites, Hero Arts Stencil Flower.  I used the emboss resist technique with clear powder and Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold, and Worn Lipstick distress inks. The bird is a wood cutout that was originally intended to be a score/bone folder - yeah right?  REALLY!  I covered it in a scrap of MME Miss Caroline paper and added a pretty pool pearl for the eye.  I think she's sweet!  My SUNNY element, as if the flower and bird aren't enough, is the Hero Arts sentiment stamp from Homey Patterns.  I've used this stamp often.  I thought Soft Pool shadow ink would match that paper and pearl perfectly.

To finish off my tag, I added a bow made out of seam tape I dyed with Squeezed Lemon distress ink and a pretty new-to-me die from My Favorite Things, Leaf-Filled Flourish I also distressed with the lemon ink. 
My next project is a CAS card.  I KNOW - I don't make these EVAH!  But hey, it's a challenge and this is the only sketch that came to mind.  It's from the Clean and Simple On-Line Card class. 

I simply dry embossed a white card with a SU lattice folder.  Next, I stamped the Hero Arts Radiant Banner in Butter mid-tone shadow ink on white cardstock, then die cut a circle from Spellbinders on the bottom part of the stamped image.  I turned the image on its side and attached it with foam squares to the card base.  I added some puffy, white clouds using my new Lil Inker die cut set and then used a Copic to shadow it in blue.

I finished off this quick card with a scrap from the same MME Miss Caroline paper pad, but this time I used another Hero Arts stamp from Heydey Sentiments set with Memento ink in Tangelo.  I used My Favorite Things Fishtail Flags die for the sentiment.  That's it!  Easy Peasy!

I hope you can join in on the fun!  Thanks SO much for visiting my blog and as always, I love to read your comments.
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips