November 30, 2012

A VERY Bright Christmas!

When I hear the word NEON, Christmas is not something I would associate it with! A vintage Christmas, maybe retro, Victorian, and traditional, but not NEON.

Well, leave it to Cath at Moxie Fab World to think up the "Kean on Neon Challenge" for us utilizing this  fabulous new trend!  Here is my submission, but check out their blog to see the inspiration she's provided.
I started with a new embossing folder from QuicKutz called Woven on white Hero Arts cardstock.  I took Distress Stains Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean, and swiped them over the texture of the embossed paper.  I then sprayed the piece with Glimmer Mist for a watercolor effect.

For the trees, on a piece of vellum, I used the Hero Arts stamp set Merry Christmas Trees and wet embossed them in silver.  I cut them out and adhered to the stained piece.  I had some pretty gems I used for the tree toppers.

Now I knew I wanted to use my Hero Arts Neon ink, but I wasn't sure how.  I had left a good-sized margin around the embossed piece, so I took the opportunity to use a simple Hero Arts sentiment from the Holiday Sayings set and stamp around the perimeter.  I LOVED it!  I just finished it off with a piece of neon cardstock from Recollections.

I don't think this will be the only card I enter!  I HEART these colors!  It makes Christmas cardmaking fun, colorful, and child-like.  Thanks Cath, and everyone at Moxie Fab World!

Hugs,
Marcy
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips