August 14, 2012

Moxie FABulous Minty Fresh Challenge!

Would you believe this is my first time entering a Moxie Fab World Challenge?!  I guess I never felt my style was CAS enough compared to other entries I've seen.  I know, silly, huh?  The Minty Fresh Challenge made me swoon SO much, I just had to give it a go!  Such a retro color, I remember it from my childhood.  And with that retro feel, I knew the elements I was going to use.

I chose this gorgeous background stamp from Hero Arts and embossed it in white. With the mint, I thought a punch of red was in order and what better than hearts and gingham - kind of like a pretty apron.  In search of a sentiment, I chose one from Hero Arts that was originally framed, but I masked the frame out. 
For the hearts, I took pieces from three different stamp sets and layered some, glazed some and embossed some.  The finishing touch were the two little pearl hearts from Hero Arts.  I REALLY wanted to keep going, but this is about as CAS as I have ever gotten and quit while I was ahead!  I can tell you that the color is very bright and aqua-looking in these photos, but IRL it's a light minty green.

I know I'll be entering more challenges over at Moxie Fab!  They always have a great collection of challenges to enter and a wonderful design team to be inspired by when your mojo has taken a break!

Supplies:
Stamps - All Hero Arts: Untitled Heart AC002, XO CL586, True Friends CG420, My Happy ST508,
Very Special CG406
Papers - Hero Arts Snow Layering Papers PS6110, Bazzill
Inks - Stazon Blazing Red, ColorBox Cats Eye, VersaMark Watermark
Other - Hero Arts Hearts Accent Pearls CH173, Hero Arts White Embossing Powder PW110, May Arts Ribbon, Glossy Accents, 3D Foam Dots


Thanks for visiting and please feel free to leave me a comment.

Marcy
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips