March 03, 2012

Over The Rainbow

Where happy little bluebirds fly - at least that's what the song says!  This week at Our Creative Corner, our challenge is hosted by Holly Keen of Kean on Paper and she has chosen the theme, "Making Melody."  Music can be such a motivating thing in life, why not in your papercrafting too? Take inspiration from a song and work it into any papercraft project you'd like. Just make sure your post includes the song title (and if possible the artist) that inspired you!

Here is my design team card for inspiration.
After selecting my inspiration song, I gathered up a bunch of goodies I thought I'd like to include on the card. My first task was to choose the rainbow element...rainBOW - ah, my lovely little piece of ribbon I have been hoarding for a special moment just like this!  I then thought of the yellow brick road.  I pulled out my trusty Tim Holtz Brick Fade embossing folder and ran a piece of yellow gingham dp through it on my Sizzix Big Shot Pro.
Now to figure out what image to use.  I first thought of using a hot air balloon, such as the one used at the State Fair in Kansas, to get Dorothy home.  But then I found these pretty little bluebirds in my stash and knew this was it.  
For the sky, I was going to use blue and white gingham dp, inspired by Dorothy's dress, but I already used yellow for the brick road, so I used a favorite stamp of mine by Hero Arts - Envelope Background.  I used Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Soft Pool, a new-to-me favorite ink.  The clouds I cut out on my Silhouette machine and then embossed it with a Sizzix Swirl folder.

Final touches included using some Glossy Accents on the buds of the bluebird image and stamping my sentiment on a scrap from the inky sky.  I had a blast with this challenge because I love telling a story with my cards.  I can look at each one and fondly remember the inspiration for each element.  I say that now, but when I turn 60 next month, I may not remember even writing this, LOL!! 

Please drop by Our Creative Corner and join in on our challenge.  Also, check out the inspiration from the rest of the design team - they are amazing!
  Linda Coughlin- The Funkie Junkie
Vicki Burdick- It's a Stamp Thing
Sue Butler- Scrumplescrunch
Ann Marie Hile- Stampin' Anne
Wendy Janson-  It's All About Stamping
Marcy Kaminski - En Papillote Arts (you are here!)
Holly Kean- Kean On Paper
Irena Kowalczyk (aka Rudlis) - Love, Life and Crafts
Meihsia Liu- Simply Paper Crafts
Tui Nathan- Stampin Time
Lori Rider- The Diva Stamper
Kristin Tierney- Lilly Beth Boutique
Sharon Wheet- Designs by Sharon

Stay safe everyone and have a wonderful weekend!  

Hugs,
Marcy






Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips