November 20, 2011

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #139 "Boy Oh Boy"

For our challenge this week at Stamptacular Sunday, you will create a card or project with a boy/man on it. How easy is that?!?  Be creative, but please don’t forget to stamp.  We are STAMPtacular after all!

Here is my design team card for some inspiration.
I ADORE A Day for Daisies images!  They are wonderful for coloring and paper piecing.  Their designs are creative and elegant, in a playful way.  I chose this adorable image, Van Gogh, to go with a bunch of different pp but used Basic Grey's Life of the Party for it's youthful feel.  I used one piece for the punched out top part of the card and another for cutting up into a pleasing border to go with the image. The bottom piece is from MME Lost & Found Two - Rosy.

After coloring the image with some primary color Copics, I positioned the embossing folder over it.  I love this folder because of the blank area inside the swirls.  It's great for sentiments too.  The swirls reminded me of the doodles I used to draw as a child!  I was going to make this a birthday card, but then remembered I had this Hero Arts stamp with the word "ART" on it and decided it would a perfect card for any occasion. 

One tip - once I had all the paper elements assembled, I sprayed with Glimmer Mist.  I use this on most of my images colored with Copics because I think it gives it a watercolor-painted feel and just makes it look finished.  I also gave the artist's pallet a few dots of Glossy Accents to make it look like oil paints.

 Don't forget to check out the cards from the other Design Team ladies. They are AMAZING!


 Our sponsors for our challenge this week are:

PRIZE: Winner’s Choice of 7 Digis
and
PRIZE: $12 Gift Certificate
SUPPLIES:
Stamp: Hero Arts CL435 So Artsy
Image: Van Gogh by A Day for Daisies
Paper: Bazzill cardstock,  Basic Grey - Life of the Party, MME Lost & Found Two - Rosy
Inks and Markers: Memento Blue Danube ink, Copic markers
Die, Embossing Folders and Punches: Spellbinders Labels Five, Martha Stewart Around the Edge punch, Cuttlebug Swirls embossing folder
Other:  Ranger Glossy Accents, The Twinery - Denim twine, American Crafts Delights - folded circle flower, Glimmer Mist
Thanks for looking!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips