September 17, 2011

Boys will be Boys Challenge #79 at The Shabby Tea Room

 I have never done a scrapbook page, until now!  I saw this challenge at The Shabby Tea Room and knew I had to take this head on.  I had an old picture of my sons and set forth to collect all of my materials - inspired by this challenge photo. EDITED - I won Honorable Mention at The Shabby Tea Room for this layout!
And here is the final project.  I had to play around with my elements such as layering, texture and challenge interpretation.  The clock was the part that hung me up, but I came up with a solution by adding the circle of pp and vintage brads. 

The colorful wooden baskets in the inspiration photo led me to the pp from Stampin' Up that a friend gave me.  The metal of the clock begged to be somewhere on the page, so I used a Tim Holtz photo corner in the lower left of my project and a couple of vintagey square brads on my photo.  I also used an aged metal tag for the journaling.

I am also entering this at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and Die Cut Diva's Flickr Group Challenge.

Thanks so much for looking!  Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Marcy

Supplies:
Stampin' Up pp
Bazzill cardstock
Small Studio metal tag
Martha Stewart twine
Eyelet Outlet brads
Michael's ribbon
Thickers
Heidi Swapp Newsprint chipboard alphas
Stickers and transparencies - K&Co., My Minds Eye
Vintage Photo Distress Ink Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips