November 07, 2013

Day Three in the Studio with a Few of My Favorite Things

I'm on a roll kids - day three here!  My goal is to make a card a day until I totally burnout on holiday cards, LOL!  I put myself on a purchasing moratorium because my studio looks like Archiver's, but I digress......

Today's card was inspired by some scraps I had leftover from my tag the other day and my new favorite trend, chalkboard!  I can't get enough of it.  I was also inspired by a couple of challenges I saw, so I am not at a lack of inspiration!  I need to be challenged again, although they say it's like riding a bike...... NOT!!!  If you don't "ride" for a while, you get a little wobbly, so I'm getting my land legs back!
The first challenge I'm entering is CASE Study Challenge #165.  The November Muse is Keisha Campbell and she has quite a stunning card to CASE. I was drawn to it by her use of neutrals and texture.
The next challenge is The Ribbon Carousel Blog Challenge RCC87, Holidays and Celebrations.  This will be my second entry.  I'm having fun over there and their design team is so inspirational!
And finally, my home away from home, Hero Arts!  I hope they haven't forgotten me over there!  Their holiday challenge gives you three ideas to choose from and the one I went for was A Few of My Favorite Things - two of them being wet embossing and the chalkboard effect.
So, there you have it!  I didn't do a tutorial this go around, but will post all my supplies.  I had SO much fun and I think tomorrow, I'm going to use some traditional Christmas colors.  Unless I wake up in a purple mood???  Have a good night sweet peas!

Supplies
Paper - Bazzill, Papertrey Ink, Crate Paper Sleigh Ride (pp)
Stamps - Hero Arts Chalk Background CG623, Merry Christmas Messages CL722
Inks - Versamark Watermark
Dies - Simon Says Stamp Circle on a Line, Tim Holtz Festive Greenery (holly leaves)
Other - Hero Arts White embossing powder, Michael's jingle bells, Hero Arts woven lace ribbon, Tim Holtz Tinsel Twine Winter, Offray ribbon, Papertrey Ink twine



Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips