August 26, 2011

Wish Big! CSC54 and OCCC Sketch Challenge

OUR CREATIVE CORNER is having a wonderful sketch challenge this week!  I love this sketch because it can be interpreted in so many ways.  Because it is the end of the challenge, I needed to get my card done quickly, so I used the sketch literally, although I have plans to use it again.  Here is my version of the sketch I'm submitting for the challenge and will then be on its merry way to a friend for her birthday!  I thought of her when I found the image.

I am also entering this into the Case Study Challenge #54.  I think it's a perfect way of expressing my "style."  And that's what the challenge is about.  My style has evolved into a clean, fresh, vintagey look with some shabby chic for the girly, girl in me!  I also love stamping and most of my cards have inky goodness on them!  I think this card is a perfect example of my style.
I fell in love with this image from The Graphics Fairy.  I've been really into the green and cream palette lately and I adore hydrangea.  I also have this porcelain flower bouquet from England that this reminded me of, so to get that look, I used Glossy Accents on the greenery and flower centers.  I also made the button with some of the gingham paper.

Here are the supplies:
Bazzill solid cardstock
Anna Griffin bg pp
The Graphics Fairy image
Making Memories gingham paper
Cheery-Lynn Designs doily die
Spellbinders Labels 8
White Ribbon - Michael's
PTI Tiny Tags
Glossy Accents
VersaMagic Sahara Sand Chalk ink Pin It

No comments:

Blogging tips